Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No sleep...but I have healthy teeth!!

For the last few weeks, not only do I have my baby waking up 1 or two times during the night (which I'm perfectly okay with since that's how it is with a baby!!) but also Cayden has been waking up 2-3 times each night!!! To top it off, Shaylee woke up last night. Here is how my night went:

11 p.m. - Tyler and I go to bed
1 a.m. - Cayden wakes up
4 a.m. - Addy is talking and laughing in her crib. A feeding puts her back to sleep!!
5 a.m. - Cayden AND Shaylee wake up. Cayden wants to know if he can play in the living room with his toys. I say no so they get drinks of water and go back to bed
7 a.m. - Tyler gives me a kiss goodbye before he heads to work
7:30 a.m. - The kids wake up

I used to be dead to the world when I slept, but since I have a baby right now...I wake up to the tiniest noises. Our bedroom door stays open at night since it can get hot in there otherwise...but our door is about 4-5 feet away from Cayden's...and the second he starts opening his door in the middle of the night, I'm awake. AHHHHHH!! I feel like it's been forever (atleast 3 weeks!!) since I got much nighttime sleep at all!! It would be helpful if it wasn't so dang hard for me to fall back asleep everytime I get woken up, but it takes about a good half hour each time!!! Luckily Shaylee is a huge help with Addy and usually comes and steals her in the morning, puts her in her bouncy seat, and let's her hang out with her while she and Cayden play!! Sometimes it gives me a whole extra hour of peace to sleep so that I can function that day!! By the time I get up, Shaylee is usually tired of playing Addy's mommy...but it'll probably be a long time before she really understands how helpful she is!!!

OHHHH, and about the teeth...Tyler and I finally have dental insurance through his work and we're able to go to the dentist yesterday for the first time in years. THANK YOU MOM FOR GETTING MY TEETH SEALED WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!!! The Dentist said that my mouth looked great because luckily the sealants hadn't worn off. No cavities for me!! I do still have my crossbite (big suprise) and need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I was really nervous about a problem with my teeth though and thought for sure I'd have to have a root canal...but it turns out I just have sensitive teeth from all the whitening products I've used! I have to alternate my whitening toothpaste with the regular kind. I can handle that!!!! Now Tyler on the other hand....5 cavities. He knew he had some. He also needs a bridge to put in a gap in his back teeth since he had a bad tooth a couple years ago that we didn't have the money to fix so he just had them pull it out. Anyway, all in all it was a very successful trip, and Tyler's insurance is great so atleast getting his cavities fixed isn't going to cost an arm and a leg!! (just an arm, haha!)

0 comments: