Friday, August 1, 2008

Live Each Day to The Fullest

I just ache today. An old friend from high school and his wife, lost their two-week old baby yesterday to a heart defect. Since having kids, my biggest fear has been to lose one. My family has been very fortunate/blessed to not have had to accept death often, atleast until my dad passed away. It's so hard to see sweet Spirits leave this earth when they are still young. My dad wasn't really young, but he was far from old and although it's hard for anyone to let a parent go, I had an extremely hard time. But, I could never blame God...he's the reason why we get to experience life at all, the good times and the occasional bad times. As much as I hate to feel hurt, especially from a death, I hate to watch my friends hurt even more. I wish I could take away their pain and make it all better. Luckily, that is what Christ is for. He has felt every hurt, ache, pain, etc. that we experience. He can understand everything, and can help give us comfort.

Just from pictures I could feel Kimball's sweet little Spirit. He has touched my heart and my life. In remembrance of him and all the other people/children who pass away after a short time on earth, I will try harder to make each day a wonderful day, and enjoy each of my children and my husband. I'll try to take more pictures of my babies, and spend less time on the computer. I'll try to reach out more not just to the people I know, but especially to the people I don't. I'll try to be a better person so that I can be with my family forever when it is time.

4 comments:

laura said...

i'm sorry for thier loss! i have seen so many babies in the last 3 week who have past on and i am starting to worry! although my kids are heathly you never know! sorry once again!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I know what you mean. I have sat at this computer and bawled everytime I see that they have posted something new. My heart is aching for them. I am glad that I am here in moses so that I can at least go to the funeral and give them a hug.

Mike and Lisa said...

Good thoughts to live by. I think everyone once in awhile gets distracted with life and needs to re-focus, especially on their families. I can't imagine going through such a thing. It breaks my heart.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thank you for the posts guys. It really is a little frightening to see how many perfect Spirits have been leaving this earth lately. It's comforting to know that they are where every perfect Spirit goes. I'm so glad we know what we know as members of The Church!! It's definitely easy to get distracted by things of the world. It's really hard to see moms screaming at their kids at the store or the park, etc...even good moms lose their temper, but it makes me not want to ever sound like those moms...so I try harder to always be firm but kind. I wish I could go to the funeral so that I could give them a hug too :-( You'll have to give them one for me Tiff!