Monday, August 25, 2008

So far...the perfect day!


This morning started off with me waking up at 6 a.m. (that's about an hour and a half early for my usual morning!!) I was the first one up and I got ready for the day. Meanwhile, I heard Shaylee and Cayden wake up...then Tyler woke up to get ready for work. Addy woke up as I was getting everyone's cereal (I had planned on making pancakes but I think it'll take awhile for all of us to get used to eating a big breakfast so early in the morning...none of us were very hungry!!) After breakfast we had "prayer bones" (what my family called it when we got on our knees for a family prayer around the table) The kids said goodbye to daddy, and the other 4 of us started walking to Shaylee's school, which is a few blocks away, for her first day of 2nd grade! I felt really old when I met her teacher. I'm pretty sure she's younger than me. This year Shaylee was nervous...but didn't seem so concerned when it was time for me to go. She already knows a few of the kids in her class, and she's always extremely well-liked by everyone she meets, so I know she'll have a great day. The other three of us walked back home. I asked Cayden what he wanted to do...he said "Turn off the lights, get the blanket, and watch Goonies!!" So...that's what we are doing, only since it's morning and such a beautiful day outside, we kept the lights on and opened up the blinds. Have you ever watched a movie with your parents that you told them was really good...but then while watching it you realize how many inappropriate things are actually in it that you hadn't really noticed before?? Well that's how it is when you have kids...you realize every single bad word, etc. I loved Goonies when I was younger. Now I realize that I can't let me kids watch it without me because I have to skip like the whole first 5 minutes or so of the movie!! I have always been very naive, so I'm sure when I was younger, I had no clue what one of the scenes in this movie was about...even though it was pretty obvious! Well anyway, the point of my post is, it may only be 9 a.m
.... but so far it's been a very peaceful day!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shaylee looked good on her first day. I loved Caydens cape. Jon used to wear his Power Ranger costume pretty much every day when we would go pick up Kelsey from school. And by the way I love Goonies and I have had the same problem with a lot of the movies I tell my kids are great.

laura said...

I FEEL OLD!! i have 2 that started school, lakota in 2nd and makayla in kindergarden, payton will also start pre-school in sep. this all makes me feel old!!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Michelle! I found you on blogger! YaY! :) Your little baby is sooo cute! When was she born? Did your pregnancy go well? She's beautiful!
love Nichole