Sunday, August 3, 2008

I am not just a Mommy, I'm a Woman!

Here is a conversation I had with my son yesterday in the car.

Cayden: Mommy, MOMMY!
Me: Yes Cayden?
Cayden: Mommy's are Womans!
Me: They ARE??? (Sarcastically, trying to hold back a seriously laugh)
Cayden: Yep, so YOU are a Woman! You's a Mommy AND a Woman!

I have to say that I'm impressed that my 3-year old (almost 4) understands that even mommy's are real women, or just the fact that we are individuals! Well, maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I like to think he has that deep of an understanding! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He's so cute Michelle!

WalkConkies said...

How funny! I wish I had written down every funny thing that my kids have said through the years! I'd really like to read a book that is called "I am a Mother." I've heard it is really good. It is about a woman who had a big career and when she got married or had children decided to stay home and raise them. She writes about what a significant and important decision that is and how we should never say "I'm JUST a mom", etc. It is the greatest job in the world and I think it teaches us the greatest lessons in life!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

I should read that book. Being a mom is definitely awesome. I'm so glad I don't have to work so that I don't have to miss any of those funny little comments my kids make throughout the day!!