Tuesday, August 12, 2008

*3 year-olds are so funny!*

Tonight since Tyler wouldn't be home til a little later because of a church meeting, I let the kids put on a movie in their room to fall asleep to. I go in and check on them, and this is a conversation my son and I had...

Cayden: "Mommy, wait!"
Me: "What's the matter Cayden?"
Cayden: "I have a pwoblem"
Me: "What's the problem?"
Cayden: "I'm, I'm fwustrated" (frustrated)
Me (holding back a laugh): "Why are you frustrated?"
Cayden: " It's just me. I'm fwustrated with ME. My ears go PHEW, PHEW, PHEW, PHEW, PHEW"

He told me this earlier too about the noise he hears in his ears...so although the conversation was really funny watching him concentrate as he thought of what was wrong...on the other hand it worries me that he says he hears this noise in his ears a lot. Tyler doesn't think there is anything they can do at his age to tell if he hears something for sure, but luckily he has his 4 year appointment coming up next month so I can ask the Doc then.

4 comments:

tamikay said...

One time I couldn't hear out of my ear, but I could hear my heart beating in it. That might be what the phew noise is? It ended up just being clogged and you can unclog it with warm water in a ball syringe. You may have to do it several times and he may have water in his ear for 24 hours or so. It's worth a try?

The Graham Family! said...

I had an anatomy teacher at byu-idaho that had a girl that had this. they found a live moth in her ear... honestly i think you should be taking him in and have them look in his ears. It could be a bug or something that might do damage!! That's sad!

Cassidy said...

You'd be surprised at what they can find out with kids. I majored in Audiology (study of the ear) and I just wouldn't doubt them. At least have them look. YOu never know. . . If they can do hearing tests on Newborns, a 3 year old should be okay to do. They have all sorts of ways to figure these things out. Take him in!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks for the advice guys...& man Stacy that's freakin' scary about the moth!?! I'll get him into the doc!! Hopefully it'll only be clogged..or maybe because he's been swimming a lot lately & has been getting more water in his ears? Here's to hoping!