Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Rut

Does anyone else seem to find themselves doing the same thing day in and day out during the summer? I guess this applies mainly to people who have kids in school during the school year...but maybe not? For some reason, the summer days last SOOO long...I guess because my oldest daughter gets bored easily. She NEEDS school and it'll be nice when it starts up again. For some reason, the less kids I have at home, the more energy and drive I have to tackle big projects like organizing closets, condensing things in the house, etc. That's mainly because I have less children to distract me...but I don't think that's the only reason? I don't know. I just feel like I've fallen into this summer rut where every day is pretty much the same. I guess I just need to get my lazy body out and take the kids to some new places. Sadly we still haven't been to the local Nature Center, or the public pool (we go to Grandma & Grandpa Caudle's to swim). It's also been a long time since we went to Mr. Gatti's (basically a Chuck E Cheese), and we still need to check out the Zoo in a town about an hour away. Cayden has never been to the Zoo!!! I guess the main problem is that it gets so hot AND humid here, that if you really want to go anywhere...especially with a baby...you have to head out by about 8 a.m. so that you have atleast a couple hours before it gets yucky. I've gotten a lot more used to the weather here over the years...but I guess at the moment I'm just really wishing it was Fall already.

4 comments:

tamikay said...

It's hot enough here...I can't imagine being humid too. I wish you could just come this way, but I know we will see you soon for your family's sealing. Take care...I love you sis!

Emily Katlyn West said...

I'm so excited, I can read your blog!!!! Last time I checked I couldn't Yippee!!!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Tami, I'm so excited to see you guys at the sealing...the time is going so slowly yet my kids are growing so fast!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Emily, I'm so glad you are able to see my blog now, I wonder if I had it set to private before!? I like reading your blog posts, they are always so fun!!