Monday, July 28, 2008

Hannah Montana


Several month back I was so happy that we didn't have Disney Channel, because it meant that I was able to avoid the whole Hannah Montana madness!! A few months back my husband decided that the handful of (dirt cheap) local channels just wasn't cutting it for his Sports needs, so we had to upgrade. I have absolutely nothing against the Disney channel, I really like it most of the time, but now my daughter has gotten sucked into the craze. So....about 3 weeks before the big 3D Hannah Montana concert, we went to Walmart to see if they had any of the free 3D glasses you needed for it. They told us they'd had TONS that morning but they went quickly. So...I went on Ebay and found a set of 10 Sharkboy/Lavagirl 3D glasses and ordered them so that we'd be all set (there I also found why all the Walmarts were out of the glasses...people had hoarded them and were selling them on Ebay...why would I buy them from them when they were supposed to be free but they decided to be dishonest and take more than they needed to try to make a profit??!!!). Anyway, Tyler even missed a big fun shindig that was happening out at the local card shop, just so that we could all watch the concert as a family. It wasn't too bad, although I was dissapointed she didn't sing that "7 Things I like about You" and Tyler was dissapointed that she didn't sing the duet with her dad. I have to say that the song about missing her Grandfather was a tearjerker, though. I love that my husband is a bigger ball-baby than me as we get older...it makes me look like less silly!! Of course I didn't know that song had made him cry til it was time to take off the 3D glasses! Oh and something weird...after I took of the glasses, I was seeing things in color for like the next 20 minutes!! (The red and blue from the glasses...only I saw the colors in each OPPOSITE eye!! If that made any sense!?) So far Miley Cyrus seems to be okay. Let's hope she keeps sticking to decent morals...that would be a change from all these other young popstars and actresses!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe it worked for you guys. It didn't work and we got the glasses the day of the tv concert at our Walmart they gave us like 9 pairs. They had tons. That makes me sick people selling them on ebay. Anyway we weren't alone. Other people we know couldn't see it in 3D either. So I don't know if it was the glasses or the TV but I am so glad you guys were able to see it. I had taken the girls to the Hannah concert here in St Louis back in Oct and the girls sat through the whole thing on TV talking about how that was the same this was different etc. It was cute.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Steph, I'm sorry you guys didn't get to see it in 3D, but atleast you got to see her LIVE before!! Shaylee would SOOO love that!