Monday, July 14, 2008

The Ugly Bug Ball

"Once a lonely caterpillar sat and cried


To a sympathetic beetle by his side


I've got nobody to hug


I'm such an ug-i-ly bug


Then a spider and a dragonfly replied


If you're serious and want to win a bride


Come along with us, to the glorious annual ugly bug ball


Come on let's crawl (gotta crawl gotta crawl)


To the ugly bug ball (to the ball to the ball)


And a happy time we'll have there, one and all and the ugly bug ball"



I know that atleast my family members remember the movie "Summer Magic" with Hayley Mills in it. This song is from that movie and I love it!! I really need to try to get ahold of that old movie! Anyway...Tyler found this really funky looking caterpillar in our carport the other day. Doesn't it look like it's wrapped in leaves?? Texas has some crazy/psycho/cool looking bugs! I haven't had time to try to find out what the name of this caterpillar is but if you find out, let me know!!

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

hahahahaha I remember that song but didn't know what it was from! That is definitely a really weird looking caterpillar!! I remember seeing some REALLY weird insects and stuff down in new mexico. I'm not a huge fan of the southern states because of that! I'll stick to the more familiar bugs up here!! Bugs are gross already.. but ones I've never seen that are questionable and I don't know what they are capable of... UNACCEPTABLE!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

LOL...I know what you mean!! Oh and the other day I saw my first Brown Recluse spider..in my house!!! Those are NOT good spiders. I thought those were the brown ones we always saw in Moses Lake but those were Hobo spiders!!! I can't help but believe that "The Men Upstairs" have a big sense of humor...because sometimes I think they put certain bugs on the earth just to torment us women, lol!!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that bug is pretty crazy looking! At least you didn't step on it just thinking it was a leaf, yucky! And by the way that little dress in the previous post is ADORABLE!! You are unbelievably talented!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Hey Tiff, thank you for the compliment!! I'm so grateful that my mom taught me the basics of crochet because I don't think I'm talented or patient enough to have taught myself like she did!! That would have been so gross if I'd stepped on the bug. When I make Tyler kill a bug for me that has a hard shell, I have to cover my ears so I don't hear the "crunch", lol, EWWWW!!!