Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's ALL About the Competition!!


Okay, so it's not big news that us McConkies have a bit of competitiveness in our blood, but last night I realized I have a little more than I thought...atleast when it comes to competing with my husband!! Tyler had mentioned yesterday that the All star game would be starting after he got home from work. I'm not sure exactly why...but watching sports on tv isn't that exciting for me. I'd rather either be AT the game, or playing the game myself! I mean, I LOVE opening and collecting baseball cards. I have a great Mariners collection. My favorite card being a dual Griffey/Griffey signature card of Ken Griffey Jr and his dad! I also have some jersey patch cards. But I decided I'd really like to get into it more with Tyler because he really likes it when I'm next to him during a game, even if I'm just crocheting. I told him that since he knows a lot more about each team...if he'd let me pick which team I was going to root for, and if he would root for the opposing team, that maybe it'd help me pay more attention. We could also pick a reward for the winner. The prize was a neck & shoulder massage. Well I picked the American League. In my opinion most of the game was pretty slow. The score was 0-0 til like the 5th inning!?! Anyway, I actually got so into it that I made Tyler stay up for a few of the extra innings...but by about midnight we needed to go to bed because we both had to be up pretty early (him earlier than me!). Well lo and behold, the American League won, so guess who gets a massage tonight?? Woot Woot!! Anyway...through that one little game and a teensy bit of competition, I learned more about myself, and found yet another way to be a fun wife/best friend. What are best friends for anyway, right?! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny! Glad you won and you get the massage!

tamikay said...

I'm the same way...I think we got it from Mom! Whenever we play a group game I always want to win, but if I beat Travis I always feel good about it!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Steph and Tami!! Tami...I was thinking I really should have put in the post that I think it definitely comes from the Sparks side!! Games aren't any fun without a little bit of competitiveness right??!! We bring the "spice" to the game!!!