Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our first big purchase together!



Okay, no more complaining. No one likes a whiner...not to mention after reading Cassidy's comment that she's broken several ribs at once before, I feel very fortunate that I'm normally such a healthy, accident-free person!
So on that note...this morning Tyler wanted to get up early and go look at vans, since we got our tax return (and being sick and hurt wasn't going to stop me from picking out my own van...since this was going to be my transportation more than Tyler's) . For us the best option was to buy a van for cash because like a lot of people right now, we don't want to make payments!! We'd been searching online for atleast a month...but all of a sudden when we finally have the money, we were having a hard time finding the good (and USED) vans. We ended up going to a dealership where Tyler knows a guy there, although unfortunately it was his day off. BUT, we were able to find a wonderful 2003 Chevy Venture, with 100,000 miles, that was in our cash price-range!! It's so clean inside, and Tyler took it to his work on the test drive, to check for leaks and have his work buddies help him make sure everything sounded and looked good in the van. All in all I am SO happy that we have a nice van that we feel good about, and that still has plenty of life in it, and even looks good. It's a relief to not owe anything on it, and have the piece of mind that we have a bigger vehicle to fit our growing family's needs!!
You'd think we bought a 2009 Cadillac Escalade or something, by the way I have to keep looking out the window to our carport to make sure that buying it wasn't just a dream!

7 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

That's sooo exciting michelle!! Yay for you guys!! I hate car shopping. I mean it's fun.. but it's such a hard decision to make!! I sure wish we would have shopped around more before we bought our last car but luckily it's ran fine and I love having a full sized car instead of our little car we had! Getting a new (even if it's used... but new to you) is always so exciting!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new van. It looks good and I'm sure the kids (and you) love the room. I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain! That sucks and I hope you feel better really soon. I hope Tyler is healing ok and Cayden's throat is felling better too!

Cassidy said...

I hope youknow there was no way on earth that I was implying that you were a whiner!!! I'm jealous on the van! NICE!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Cassidy, no I wasn't trying to say you were implying I was a whiner, I just realized I should buck up because it could be a lot worse!! How and when did you break your ribs? Was it in high school in a car accident, or maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks for the compliments on the van guys! I love that my hubby loves to drive it...luckily he doesn't mind mini vans...but I think mainly we love driving it because it's a lot newer than our other car. It even has a little tight steering like a new car which is fun. Oh and everyone else in the family is starting to feel a lot better!

WalkConkies said...

Congrats on the new purchase! It is so great to not have to worry about extra payments! Andy thought it was pretty funny that he had to trade in his totalled Mustang for a van! Now you guys can travel up and visit us sometime!

tamikay said...

Exciting!!! It will be so nice for you to have more room. I put three of our kids in the back of our Camry the other day, and realized how not fun three car seats are in the back of a sedan. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Be careful not to only breathe shallow, because that's how you get pnemonia. It's probably good your on antibiotics to hopefully prevent that. I hope the kiddos and Tyler feel better as well. It sounds like you guys hit a rough patch. Hopefully things will start getting better for ya.!