Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Relief?!

I have had the worst cough and cold for 5 weeks now! A week and a half ago I finally went to a walk-in clinic (even though I can't stand them) and waited the 2 1/2 hours to be seen because I couldn't function much more...since I spend most of my nights awake and coughing and not being able to breathe from my cold. The doc told me he couldn't hear anything in my lungs, even though I was coughing stuff up. He just told me to take Robitussin DM. THANKS DOC, my little sister already told me to take that! The DM did absolutely nothing for me, unfotunately. Finally today I went to a different walk-in clinic that my husband likes better. After 3 hours I finally got in. I was diagnosed with Asthmatic Bronchitis as well as a Sinus Infection. Now as soon as I get my prescription in to the Pharmacy, I'll finally start getting relief. I'm SO HAPPY!! One of the WORST things is that I haven't been able to SMELL ANYTHING for 2 weeks. I can't smell poopy diapers...cookies burning in the oven...NOTHING. Some might consider that a good thing...but what if I got something on me and I wouldn't know because I couldn't smell it?? Also, I can't taste anything unless it's really salty. I've still been eating regular food, but I've found that's pointless since it doesn't taste good...so I think I'll be eating a lot more soup. I had Campbell's chicken noodle today for lunch though and it wasn't pleasant (normally I love it)....I LOVE food and now eating has become more of a CHORE. I hope this antibiotic works quickly! Although I guess if I was dieting, this would be the way to do it! It's a lot easier to eat healthy when the food tastes just the same as the junk food, haha!

Oh and something funny...whenever Tyler & I pull cash from an ATM, we jokingly say to eachother "I won, I WON!!" ...well we do that now when we are waiting somewhere for a long time...so while I was at the Doctor's, I text messaged him and told him how tired I was of waiting...but that I was next so when they say my name I so want to scream "I won, I WON!"...he dared me but his dare came after I already got called in to a room. I have to say though that was the closest I've ever come to actually doing it...because I was sick and a little delirious from waiting so long so I wouldn't have cared that much what people thought!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's how Josh has been. I keep making him special requested food only to have him tell me it's gross. He told Joe this morning that it sucked to be sick. I thought wow he must really be mad about not being able to eat because he never says stuff like that. But he's right...it does suck being sick. I hope you get better soon!

WalkConkies said...

You are hillarious, Michelle. Don't you love doctors - ugh!!! Hopefully this last doctor was right and you get to feeling better! We really need to have a doctor in this family! How about Conner or Colton since they are the oldest! :) The kids and I are coming down w/ something - hopefully not as long lasting as yours. Wish I could make you some chicky soup!

The Graham Family! said...

I'm glad you got a prescription for something michelle! That stinks that the Robitussin didn't help. I love that stuff and it seems to help me a lot!! Fun fun. That's way too funny about the "I WON" thing! I never thought of it that way but now I know i'll always think of you guys and that when I'm waiting in a waiting room.. or getting money from an ATM. too fun! Love ya and glad you got something to make you feel better!