Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Simple Pleasures!

Today was a pretty dang good day I'd have to say. First off, I had a little money on my Paypal account from selling a hat yesterday so I decided to go to Ross to see if I could find Shaylee another church dress since she's running very low! Well I couldn't find a modest dress, and couldn't even find a cute long sleeved shirt for her. BUT, I ended up picking up a 16 piece set of glasses that we desparately needed, for only $10.99. From the original blue glasses we'd bought to match our plates & bowls...we were down to 3 small glasses and 2 tall ones. (I usually accidentally broke them...when I do the dishes sometimes they fling across the sink, what can I say?!) After I got home I started doing the dishes, and realized that our last two tall glasses are gone now, too!! They vanished...I've looked everywhere! It's a good thing I finally bought new ones!! I'm guessing Tyler broke them while I was in Washington, although he says he honestly has no clue where they are! :-) As my sister Stacy would say... "RIIIIIIght", haha! Since posts are always more interesting w/ pictures, here are my shiny new glasses :-) The short ones remind me of the kind that are usually in motels/hotels!



Then, I also responded to a classified ad that was selling a table and 4 chairs for $50 and it included a picture. I could already tell it was 10 times nicer than mine...and I jumped at the chance to get rid of my stained, fabric covered seats and marker-marked old wood table for that price. Tyler didn't get off work til later so a couple of Tyler's friends came with me to get it. It's now in our dining room and I can't keep my eyes off it!! It's by far the nicest thing in our dining/kitchen area now! It's still not my "dream" table because I'm sure in a year or two I'll get tired of cleaning between the little grooves of the tile, not to mention we'll need a bigger table eventually...but for now it's absolutely PERFECT and I'm SO happy! I was able to get rid of my old table set on freecycle.org easily a couple hours before picking up the new one which was perfect. That old table set was our only real piece of ghetto furniture and now it's gone!! YAY!!!! Our old table was a little smaller so my metal wire basket looks pretty small and sad now sitting there!








Oh and for kicks, here is the gingerbread house made from the kit my mom sent home with us from Thanksgiving!! I almost forgot to take a picture of it before throwing it out, until I saw my mom had posted pics of the ones Heidi's family made! (Shaylee decorated the back of the house and the right side of the roof, and I helped Cayden with the front and left side) Thanks mom!

3 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

YAY!! I love finding good deals!! I'm jealous.. That's a way cute dining set! Actually I really like ours too.. sara and david got a new table right when we were getting married.. and we got their old one that totally didn't even look used. But.. we do have to get some new chairs!! fifty bucks for that whole set is incredible!! We're down to 4 chairs and one is the computer chair.. so our table looks special with 3 chairs!! haha. That will be our next investment I suppose!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love your new table set...way to go. I am proud of the good deals you find. Love Ya, Miss Ya...MOM

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Mom and Stacy!!! It's really sad how ecstatic I am about the Dining set, but it really was a great deal! After I got it, the lady said that she had SO many people wanting it, and her hubby told her (after I already agreed to buy it) that she should have charged more for it or taken the highest offer! I feel like I WON something, YAY!! Oh and Stacy that's too funny about having to use the computer chair!!
I love and miss you guys, too!!