Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Accidents and more Relief!

Since I just wrote about my health, I'll include the rest of my family's interesting experiences! First off, right after I wrote my last post, Cayden came up to me crying because his throat and heart hurt. His Pediatrician was able to squeeze him right in. He has a throat virus but he couldn't hear anything wrong with his chest that would make his "heart hurt". He also found Cayden has ear infections...which Cayden never complained about his ears or head. He's now on an antibiotic along with me! Addy has had a very upset tummy to where I have had to change her about 5 times so far just today! Her 6th tooth has broken through, but the doc says he never links those two things despite what others say...he says she seems to have a stomach virus...no medicine for her. She is VERY cranky and has been sleeping very little the last couple of nights...I need to pick up some bananas today and some starchy foods for her tummy! Shaylee and Tyler are the only ones who aren't sick, but Tyler had some exciting things happen the other day...

Last Thursday, Tyler was at work and dropped a 10+ lb grate on his head...leaving him with a headache the rest of the day (he works in a lube center, down in the "pit"). Well then the very next day (around 4:30 p.m.), I get a call from Tyler that says "Hey, I hurt myself. I cut my head open and I'll call you as soon as I know which hospital they are taking me too". My mother-in-law was able to watch the kids (luckily her shift at work hadn't changed to evenings yet!!) and I found Tyler at the Shannon E.R. (we have two hospitals here). He had dried blood ALL over his face, his clothes, even in his ears. 4 hours later his forehead was sewn up with 4 stitches...the cut was only about 1 1/2 inches wide but that thing didn't want to stop bleeding, otherwise, he probably could have just been "glued" up instead of getting stitches. I told him he REALLY needed to take a day off...but he was back at work the next day...and luckily hasn't had any accidents since then (other than the usual cuts and burns he gets on his hands everyday from working).

I'm excited to go to Walmart tonight to get mine and Cayden's antibiotics (well, not excited about going outside...it's 26 degrees here). My ribs feel like someone is crushing them...and the wheezing and crackling in my chest is incredibly annoying and gross. I'm just happy knowing that after the long weeks of sickness in this house...it should soon be over...for awhile atleast!!

3 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Sorry you have had so much illness and accidents lately. Hope the medicine works FAST! I think we just NEED Spring to come! I bought blooming bulbs the other day just to brighten my outlook! Feel Better, Love MOM

The Graham Family! said...

I'm sorry Michelle!! When it rains it pours huh? Sounds like that's definitely the case for you guys right now. I'm ready for spring too like mom!! I can't believe it's that cold there!! However.. I'd LOVE it to be around 26 degrees here. It's been 0 degrees all day! Yesterday it didn't get above 5. I'm sooo glad I'm having a spring baby this year rather than another winter baby cuz it's way too cold for a newborn this year!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.. along with poor Cayden! (And tyler too of course.. but I figured he's probably already feeling much better!)

WalkConkies said...

Just having Drew slip on the ice shoveling the snow and hitting his lip on the front porch stair was scary for me!!! He was bleeding like crazy. Glad Tyler is OK and hope you and the kids get to feeling better soon! I tried going to aerobics this morning and I'm sure that would have made you cheer up (watching my serious lack of energy and coordination) after being up most of the night w/ my own cold and Kassi and Jesi's coughing - oh the joys of being sick!!!