Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Please Welcome to the Family: Addisyn Mae Caudle!!

I can't believe she's finally here!! She was 2 weeks early, but arrived safe and sound at 6 lbs 11 oz, and 19 1/2 inches long!!!
So here's the whole story:
Around midnight on Saturday night, my water broke as we were getting ready for bed. Those of you who've had your water break, you know that sometimes it's a lot, sometimes it's a slow process. This time for me, it was a slow process, so we decided to still try to get a few hours of sleep. By 4 a.m. and losing more of my water, I decided to start getting ready to go to the hospital. I was so excited (and nervous) that I couldn't sleep anyway. By 6 a.m. we were able to get Tyler's dad over to watch the kids, and we got to the hospital. For a few hours I still wasn't having very big or consistent contractions so they induced me. After a few more hours, I slowly started dialating, and then all of a sudden, I was ready!! After I got my epidural, I was a very happy camper, just like I was with my son....but the nurses all thought I was so funny because I was so happy and giggling the whole time (even without them giving me any of those drugs that make you loopy!!). I get on a natural high when I know my baby is coming, what can I say, I was excited!! Well the doctor hadn't arrived yet and every time I giggled the baby was trying to grace us with her patience, so the nurses told me I really needed to try not to laugh til the doctor got there!! Once the doc arrived, the baby started coming out with one giggle, and with one push she was out!!! WOW!!
Now with Cayden, after 4 hours of pushing they still had to use forcepts. This was a COMPLETELY different (BETTER) experience and I'm still amazed at how it all happened!!
I don't know if that was too much information for any of you...I figure it's mainly my girlfriends that read my blog (probably not so much their husbands) and family so they've all heard and gone through these things too so I figure it's not T.M.I. but hey, if it is, oh well, such is life!
Well after 24 hours I was able to go home with our precious little girl! Wow, that's so much better than a 3-day hospital stay like last time!! I really needed to get home to my other kids. Shaylee is great, but Cayden was pretty confused, even though he'd known I was going to have a baby.
I will write more another time, but I wanted to get the good news posted and put up a few pictures that I have at the moment, enjoy!!!!



My beautiful family...man we bring some cute kids into the world!!!

Me...looking extremely fashionable and attractive, haha





Shaylee holding her new little sister... while she thinks "FINALLY...a SISTER!!!" Her friend Sara is watching closely!
Tyler is talking to his little Addy Mae

Grandpa Caudle holding the newest grandbaby
In this last picture, I caught Cayden just a second too late...he had just given his baby sister a kiss. He's not really mad and rolling his eyes like it looks in this picture!!!

7 comments:

The Mechams said...

She is beautiful, Good job mom!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Dee, hope your doing well, I love seeing how you and your family are doing!!

Cassidy said...

Congratulations!!! Oh soooo fun!! She is so cute! Way to go. I'm way excited for you guys!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Congrats!!! She is so tiny, yet so beautiful!!! Let the bows begin!!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

Congrats! She looks adorable!

Unknown said...

She is so cute. I love all the pictures!

laska said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your family! Post more pictures soon!