Thursday, March 13, 2008

My first crocheted baby outfit!


Here is my first completed crocheted baby outfit!!! I've made simple baby booties before (as well as hats, blankets, etc) but I hadn't really ever crocheted with thread, and I'd never made a bonnet or a dress before! It took me about 3 weeks to do the whole outfit but wow was it worth it. It's amazing the rush you can get from learning something new and then seeing the finished project!! Since I've been having to rest a lot the last few weeks, crocheting definitely has helped pass the time. There is another blessing outfit that I want to make next. There are craft shows here at the fairgrounds every few months so I think I'm going to try hard to get together a bunch of items to sell at a booth. The one nice thing about crocheting with thread is that it is very cheap!! It only cost about $5 in thread to make this whole outfit! The only downfall of thread is that it takes SO much time and precision!
Well anyway, I was so happy that I finished it and I'm excited to start the next dress and see how it turns out!

8 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

That is AMAZING!! I can't believe you made that. You definitely have a major talent for crocheting! Thanks to you reteaching me how to do it.. i can make blankets again!!

Mike and Lisa said...

WOW Michelle! All I can say is your baby is going to have the cutest blessing dress ever!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Stacy and Lisa!

*Stacy..I'm glad that you are getting back into it, it's definitely something that is rewarding and beneficial!!

*Lisa, it is a blessing dress but I have the dress I was blessed in when I was a baby, so I'll probably end up using that instead... but I think I'll definitely have to make a cute bonnet and booties to go with it!! I think I need to make a longer version of this dress in a thicker thread so that it can fit Addy when she's like 7-8 months for a temple sealing dress!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Michelle it's beautiful!!! You are very talented.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Stephanie! Since I already know how to do that pattern now, I've already started a 2nd one, this one I'm going to make longer as a gown!

laska said...

wow. amazing. can I send you the crocheting projects I've been trying to finish (for a couple of years...)? :) that dress does look so cute. I can't wait to see the other one!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

so precious!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Hey Laska,
I'd love to see what you've been working on! I started crocheting a long time ago but you'd never have known it...I don't know why I didn't make cute scarves and hats for myself when I was in like Junior High & High School...I always got into that "rut" where I'd stop my project and never finish it too!