Saturday, March 1, 2008

Melchezidek Priesthood

**Well I don't have any pictures to put up for this post, sorry!! I just felt like writing about something neat that happened in our family last week. Well a couple weeks ago Tyler was interviewed to recieve the Melchezidek Priesthood. At our Stake Conference last week I was able to raise my hand when they asked for a sustaining vote. After Conference, we got to go to the High Priest room where Tyler was able to recieve that priesthood from his Dad, and many other men that he admires and respects. The feeling of being in that room during that was so amazing. Then to make it even better, he got the opportunity to turn right around and help give it to a young man that we know well, who is leaving for his mission soon! It was a very happy day. For the last several weeks though Tyler has been reading more than he has in his LIFE...because he has been doing lots of research on the lds websites for info about blessings and the formats for them, etc. The other day he told me that he's not ready for the baby to be born yet...well of course that worried me. I thought that he felt he wasn't ready for the responsibility of having 3 children, and frankly it's a LITTLE late to say "I'm not ready"...but I finally got to the root of the worry...he is completely stressed out about blessing the baby after she's born!!! He is actually really excited for the baby to be born (at this point I'm the nervous one because with 4 weeks til my due date...I can't help but think about the delivery part!!) but I couldn't help but laugh at him because he's just so stressed about doing a good job!! It's funny how some people who recieve the priesthood when they are younger sometimes use and abuse it. Tyler has worked really hard the last few years to turn his life around from where it was...and appreciates the Gospel so much now. It's incredible to see the light in his eyes and feel his Spirit.
Also a few days ago, we decided Cayden really needed a blessing (he and I have both had incredibly bad colds and coughs...his being the croop, that just don't want to go away) so we went to Tyler's dad's place and Tyler was able to give his first sickness blessing. During it, the Spirit was SOOOO strong. Tyler doesn't remember much of what he said in the blessing...which really isn't that abnormal for the person giving it. It was just an amazing experience!! Life is so amazing.

5 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

oh man, that is so so exciting! Tell him congrats from us, we are really happy for you guys! I had to laugh at the blessing story too, I think it is soooo cute that he is nervous about the blessing! I think David was too, but tell him he will be great!! David and I send our love and congrats!!! I can't believe you only have 4 more weeks, it seems like it went so fast!!! I know probably not for you!!

Mike and Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you both! It's an exciting step and a huge blessing to have in your home. I think it's easy sometimes to take it for granted. Thanks for allowing to me re-appreciate it again!

Cassidy said...

what a great blog! Go Tyler!

laura said...

tell Tyler that it was that way for Mark and I! After we were married and the baby being born we decided to wait to bless her so that mark could! Lakota was bless by Mark when she was about 4 months. With every baby he got the blessing nerves, just remind Tyler the blessing comes for our heavenly father so no pressure on him!! He'll do great, they always do!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments and support!! It's nice having this blog to share fun things like these experiences, and I love reading about what's going on in your lives too!!!