Sunday, September 13, 2009

Presenting to the world: Zachary Paul Caudle

After 2 straight nights of having contractions, we went to the hospital on Saturday morning...9 days before my due date. While giving birth to him, he came out with his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck (not tightly) so the doctor acted quickly to make sure I stopped pushing so that she could fix the problem. Zachary Paul Caudle was born on 9/12/09, at 11:58 a.m. weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz, and 19 1/2 inches long. He has the cutest cheeks and thin, dark hair. He hardly stays awake long enough to eat much...but he seems to be a healthy boy! Unfortunately since it is football season, I was subjected to watching football for hours on end in the hospital by my husband (we only have very basic cable at home so he was happy to have so many sports channels to watch this weekend!)!! It actually wasn't that bad though...since most of my attention was on holding & feeding the baby anyway! Everything went smoothly and I am feeling great...and even the hubby managed to pull through, hehe. Right now we're just waiting for Zach's discharge papers and we'll be on our way home. Luckily the other kids are EXTREMELY excited for us to bring Zach home...Shaylee keeps calling me asking if we're on our way home yet! Addy got SO excited when she saw me holding a real baby...her eyes got HUGE and she squeeled "BABY!" and crawled up next to me and just kept giggling at the baby. Maybe Addy will adjust better than I thought...or maybe she needs a few days at home with him & then will eventually get tired of him taking up residence in my arms! Life is good and we've been so blessed to have another healthy baby and delivery! Get ready to be spoiled with lots of cute baby pics in the weeks to come!!






Shortly after delivery (Zach was being examined)...I look drugged!


It's so crazy to think that this is Shaylee's 3rd time betting to hold a baby sibling!



Grandma Caudle with the "babies"


I have FOUR children??!! Good thing we have a VAN!

Babies look so tiny when Tyler holds them!



These last two pics were taken today after I got all cleaned up!

10 comments:

kylee said...

Congrats! He looks so handsome! Glad everything went well. He looks so tiny in the last picture with you holding him. It's hard to believe they all start out that small!

Unknown said...

Oh he is sooo cute! Congratulations you guys!!! I want to hold him so bad!

The Graham Family! said...

ahhh so cute! I can't believe how big my baby is in comparison and I swear I JUST had her!! time flies. I can't believe how good you look JUST after having a baby!! I'm jealous!

tamikay said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie.

laura said...

WOW!!! early is the best way to go!! I'm glad every thing went well, you have such a cute family- and the football thing happend to me too! hahaha - rest up and CONGRATS!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

Congratulations!! He's is SOOOO cute! I have to say, Cayden and Addy look so much alike in those pictures. They look like twins but one is smaller than the other! Anyways, and you look great too for just having a baby. So enjoy having another newborn! I miss having one! (uh oh...I don't know if thats a good thing or not?!)

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle, many congrats to you. That's awesome!

laska said...

Yay! He is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations to you and your whole family!!

WalkConkies said...

Okay, you made me cry with all those cute pics and my blog playing, "You Raise Me Up" in the background. These sweet babies sure do raise us up to new heights and make us better people. I just had a discussion with Andy about that on our way home from our little trip. My kids are the best part of me and make me want to be worthy of them! We are so lucky to have such sweet blessings in our lives. I'm so glad little Zachary made it here safe and sound! And, you look WAY TOO GOOD for just having had a baby!!!

Cassidy said...

Congratulations!! He is darling!