Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Mom's Wedding

I'm FINALLY posting about my mom's wedding! As most of you should already know, my dad died a few years ago, unexpectedly. Earlier this year, Richard Kimball Sanderson came into my mom's life unexpectedly! From the beginning of their relationship, things just fell into place and felt right. On August 8th, my mom and Kim were married for time in the Bountiful, Utah temple. It was such a neat experience to get to be there and witness this. Kim seems to have a lot of the wonderful characteristics that I've always loved about my dad. I know that he will take good care of my mom, as well as my little sister Nicole. I look forward to many family functions in the future where I can become better friends with Kim. I miss my dad, every minute of my life...but the great thing is that Kim isn't "replacing" my dad...he is someone we are adding to the family...and I can't imagine a better person to add. Thank you Kim for finding my mom and making her happy. Thank you mom for listening to the Spirit in all your decisions. Life is short and we were all meant to be happy!!!

These first 4 pictures were taken by "Dilly Dally Art". I love how happy my mom looks in this first picture!!



Here are Kim's and our families combined! 11 kids total now...I'll let you count the grandchildren, haha!



Here we all are at the temple...Tyler wasn't able to come down with me...but see how perfectly he could be photoshopped in, in both this pic and the other family pic? :-)

I can't believe I made that trip alive! I drove down to Utah, 7 1/2 months pregnant, with my 16 month old, 4 year old, and 8 year old! It actually wasn't that bad...except for the night of my mom's dinner...it was a beautiful catered dinner...Addy was being a HUGE pain and I ended up having contractions the rest of the night (the dinner was delicious though!). We stayed at Heidi's and she was so kind to keep us for a whole week and feed us! It was so fun to see all my other sisters and brother and their families, too. They all tried to help with Addy and such whenever they could which was very much appreciated!! Mom & Kim's new house is so big and beautiful...it was fun to help mom get things organized and make it into a home. My daughter Shaylee has such a big heart...she cried all the way to Utah because she missed her Daddy & other grandparents, then cried all the way back to Texas because she missed Grandma Sanderson and all of her cousins! After a wonderful trip, it was nice to eventually be back at home. My feet got SOOOO swollen on that trip! I'm happy that so much of my family is only a 2-day drive away now instead of a 3-day drive...although I'm also sad that it will be more of a rare occasion that I go back to Moses Lake...now that my mom and Kim are living in Draper, Utah. Life goes on though...and I'm sure I'll come up with some kind of excuse to drive the extra day to visit Moses again...especially since I do still have relatives there!


I was having issues getting more pics on here & getting them moved down to the bottom of the post, so I'm going to make another post of the pics I took on our trip!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

The pictures are great! And, I say go ahead...photoshop him right on in there. :)

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Love your post Michelle! We look forward to our 23rd grandchild!! I snt your care package on Friday! Love Ya!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

You are I are in the same boat, I never get to go to Moses Lake anymore either! So if you ever head that direction stop in Bountiful on your way and we'll go together!