Friday, September 11, 2009

Middle-of-the-night Contraction Ramblings

Okay, these contractions are REALLY starting to get old! With my other two babies, my water would break before I ever had any kind of contractions...so then there was no question that it was time to head to the hospital. This time things are definitely different. Yesterday (Thursday) I had good contractions all morning, 10 minutes apart...then by afternoon they stopped. I had random ones during the afternoon (as I walked around some craft stores with Cayden & Addy because I was too "stir-crazy" to stay at home), and more in the evening that were 10 minutes apart. Now it's 2:20 a.m. and I've been having good, painful contractions all night but have been to tired to time them...until now...so I'm going to sit up and time them. With my other two babies, my water broke around this time in the morning. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to the hospital until after I take the kids to school this morning, but I guess we'll see. We are all so anxious for this baby to come! The kids were actually dissapointed when I picked them up from school instead of Grandpa Caudle, because it meant I hadn't had the baby yet!
Man, these contractions aren't coming very evenly, but they sure are painful! Well that's enough complaining from me...I better get off my blog before I start rambling anymore than I already have! I will let you all know when this little guy arrives. Until then...I guess I'll go stalk some more craft blogs and bookmark more crafts than I have time to do (I told my sister Heidi the other day that I have SOOO many fun crafts bookmarked on my computer that they could keep me busy for like 3 lifetimes!?) Goodnight!

5 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

I'm so sorry michelle!! I know how nasty contractions are and I so feel for you! I had some pretty bad ones before I had Taylee and none with Ashlyn until they actually induced me. So you just never know what each pregnancy might bring!! At least you know it's a sign that your body is getting closer to getting that little boy out into this world. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thanks Stacy! I ended up having painful contractions from 2 a.m. - 5:30 a.m.! Apparently after that I fell asleep on the couch because Tyler found me at 6:30...just in time for the kids to start waking up! Unfortunately the contractions haven't started back up yet today...but I was able to get a nice 2-hour nap!!

tamikay said...

Your package is being mailed today! Hang in there! I was the same way with the first two kids, and then the girls all decided to keep me up with contractions for weeks before they came! Hopefully your little guy will come soon!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Yay, thank you Tami! I guess I didn't realize before how spoiled I've been in the birthing department...and now I'm getting a real taste!

Unknown said...

Sorry you had contractions for so long! I had those with Jon and it was enough to drive me insane! Congrats on Zachary's birth! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to see pictures!!