Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Innocence and Simplicity of Children

Cayden: Mommya, Mommya
Me: Yes Cayden?
Cayden: You knows, we are a family
Me: We are?
Cayden: Yes we are
Me: Ya, kind of a messed up family sometimes, but we are a family
Cayden: Ya, and you's an Angel
Me: an Angel?!
Cayden: Yes, you's an Angel, Sissy and Addy are just Sissy's, and me and Daddy are mans!

What do you say to that? I almost needed to pull the car over for a minute because my eyes started to water so badly!

This was a conversation Cayden had with me in the car on the way to pick Shaylee up from school. He then explained how he learned all this at church from his teacher...about that Mommy's are angels. He told me all of this on Thursday. When I had asked him on Sunday what he had learned, he didn't remember. Isn't it funny how little kids remember things just at the right (OR really wrong) time? I definitely believe that our children are SO much closer to the Lord than most of us on a daily basis, and that it's not coincidence that they happen to say something that you really need to hear at that very moment.

3 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

hahaha I can't handle it. I need to see that boy! I love him! He's sooo adorable! I love little kids and how innocent they are and the funny things they say! Cracks me up!

Cassidy said...

That is so cute! I'm glad you blogged it so that you can remember it in the future. It's comments like that that get me through the hard parenting times.

Unknown said...

Oh that makes me teary! Cayden is so insightful! So cute too!!!