Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Finding Hope in the Sky

Have you ever had a REALLY bad day? I'm not talking about accidentally burning your husband's dinner and the kids driving you crazy...I mean something life-altering crappy...getting possbily life-altering crappy news. Well a couple weeks ago I had one of those days. I was completely stressed out over it but tried not to show that to my husband. Our whole family went over to his parents house to visit and such. Tyler had a meeting after that so he left from there in one of our cars, and I drove home with the kids in the other. On the way home, I felt out-of-it, just exhausted with worry...when I looked up into the sky and saw the sun streaming through the soft, blue clouds, leaving gorgeous streaks of sunlight. I've seen this many times, and it always makes me imagine what it will be like when Christ returns to the Earth for the final time. This time though, the streaks of sunlight through the clouds covered an entire half of the sky. It was amazing. It made me smile the rest of the drive home, and to me, it was a way of the Lord showing me how much he really does care, and how present he actually is in my life. I'd never doubted him, but this little sign gave me the extra comfort I needed at that moment.

1 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I love it when something so simple reminds me of the reasons why we are here and that we have a heavenly father that loves us!!

Man I always read your blog and love it, but I have problems with commenting sometimes, I guess I am just too lazy to actually sign in!! Your hats are SUPER CUTE!! do you make them in adult sizes? I want one?!!?! I think I am going to talk my hubby into letting me get one for Cambree for the winter...hmmmmmm I wonder if she will keep it on?