Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Learn to Crochet

This is kind of random but I ran across a website that seems to have a pretty good tutorial for learning to crochet (of course this is coming from someone who already knows how...but I think it's good because lots of people commented they loved how she taught!) She shows a few simple concepts...which then can be used to make Amirugumi Animals, People, etc (crocheted in "rounds). Anyway, if you are wanting to learn to crochet here's the link. Maybe someday I'll post my own tutorial, but for now hopefully this will help some of you that I know would like to know how to crochet! So, grab a hook (an H, I, J, or K work well when you are beginning....the bigger the better so you can see the individual stitches well) and some regular yarn (called "Worsted Weight"...should be somewhere on the label...never use a furry, or really skinny yarn to start with, that'll make learning SOOOO much harder), and give it a try! For about $2 for yarn, and less than $2 for a crochet hook...all from Walmart...you might be making the best investment of your life! Well...it will atleast give you hours and hours of fun!

http://www.hookandneedles.com/2008/03/22/amigurumi-tutorial-1/

1 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Thanks sow!! So I just read your comment you just left on our page.. and I read it to Ryan. I was like.. jeez.. its true.. if we have another girl she'll probably look way different than ash.. and then I was like.. oh poor kid.. this next one will probably look like you! haha and he stuck out his tongue and threw a plastic spoon at me! haha good times! We're such mature parents.. it scares me some times! :-p Life is fun.. why be boring huh? Love you!