Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One less stress in my life...soon!

A long time ago I wrote a post about my frustration with a little girl that'd moved next door...I'm so happy that they are moving away! I know that's not a very Christ-like attitude, but unfortunately I had a run-in with the grandma this morning that left me so mad that I was shaking! I was looking out the window around 11 a.m. after picking up Cayden from Preschool. I noticed the grandma (she's not old...probably in her early 50's) take her trash cans from the curb next to ours (it was trash day that morning)...but she also grabbed one of our lids. I was holding Zachary as I walked outside and said "Ma'am", and as nicely as possible told her that she'd taken one of our trash can lids. She then told me how I'd stolen it from them a long time ago. She then starts saying swear words and preceeds to tell me how my husband was digging through their trash this morning. A smirk spread across my face as I started imagining it...my husband has the biggest phobia EVER when it comes to taking something of someone's that's been left out for the trash...so he wouldn't even THINK about TOUCHING something in a trash can. I told her that but she insisted that her and her daughter watched him this morning, thinking to themselves how we must be desparate and be looking for food. HA! She ended up giving me the lid but as I walked away I couldn't hold my tongue, and said "We were thinking the same thing about you guys" (regarding the comment of being too poor for food). DANG IT, I stooped to her level. I kept walking as she repeated "WHAT??!! WHAT did you say?!!" at me. She then went into dangerous territory. She said how I was a bad parent because I "make" my daughter walk home from school when there are dangerous people out there. Oh yes. She called me a bad parent. It took everything I had to put my trash cans inside our back yard, and not turn around. Her now 6 year old (4 when they moved here) runs around the entire busy street, half dressed with no shoes, and goes in people's back yards and steals things....but my 9 1/2 year old is too young to walk 1/4 of a mile home from school when we already know exactly where the "bad people"that she is referring to live and there are none even close to the street that we have her walk home on...and she only walks home on the nice days...and because the doctor wants to make sure she's getting plenty of exercise (and did I mention she has a nice new bike she can ride to school)!!?? And about them claiming Tyler dug through their trash...did I mention that a few months ago Shaylee was freaked out because she caught the grandma looking through OUR trash cans that were against our house!? I never went over and said anything to the grandma though since I felt sorry for her...and she didn't end up taking anything anyway. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Alright, I'm done. I'm not shaking anymore. It's a beautiful sunny day and the kids and I will definitely have to go for a walk in a little while!

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm glad they are moving! Yay!!

The Graham Family! said...

WHAT A PSYCHO!! Holy cow! You handled that VERY well michelle. I would have dug into her way more than that.. maybe I'm just a horrible person.. but I would NOT have had the self control you did! You go girl! It's a dang good thing they're moving. That is freaky! I'm sorry you had to put up with that crap. You are an amazing mother and I hope you never listen to stupid people like that. She obviously is losing her marbles.

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

Michelle, I know how you feel. We used to have a crazy neighbor that would complain about EVERYTHING and yet she was the one who would wake us up at 2 in the morning yelling at her boyfriend and bawling. The day we moved was just about the happiest one of my life... just knowing I would never have to deal with her again made me so happy. You should make one of those countdown chains to countdown the days until they move. For your sake I'm so glad they're moving!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Definitely "YAY"!!! Brittney, that's a hillarious idea about the countdown chain!! Stacy...I think us McConkie's (maybe it's the fiesty "Sparks" in us?!) tend to get a little hot in these situations! I think with experience we learn to keep cool though! I'm betting the argument didn't even phase this lady even though it made me so mad I was shaking...I don't like confrontation but she's the type of person who thrives on it!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Wow! What a crazy lady! I'd keep an eye on Shaylee in case that crazy lady tries to take her anger out on her... good thing they're moving.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Shannon - Luckily they finished moving last night so they are gone! I definitely was cautious and concerned yesterday though! I kept looking out the window like every 15 minutes to make sure they weren't going to try to run off with anything of ours...and waited anxiously by the window for Shaylee to come home from school!

Siggy63 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siggy63 said...

I think you handled that very well Michelle. I probably wouldn't have been as nice LOL. Bobby and Steff walked or rode their bikes from Lakeview Middle School to our home on Hill Avenue. There will always be psychos out there but you can reduce the danger by teaching your kids how to respond if they are approached by strangers. It's the psychos that live next door to you, you need to be concerned about the most. I remember one woman named Brenda who lived next door to us. She had a little boy about Bobby's age and they got into a scuffle over some toy. Brenda actually called the cops on my son, he was 5 years old! Big, tall officer Sands showed up at the "scene of the crime" and his imposing stature scared the heck out of Bobby. I was so glad when Brenda moved. Glad your trouble-makers are gone too.

WalkConkies said...

Well, you've made me very thankful for our neighbors! I hope you get some great neighbors in place of the hard ones!!!