Thursday, March 4, 2010

9 year-old Heartbreak

Today Shaylee was acting more emotional than usual. Finally we got to the root of the problem....she is having trouble with her friends at school. She cried as if the world was coming to an end, as she told me how her best friend Emma hasn't played with her in over a week, because one day Shaylee was playing with another friend at recess "too much". Shaylee is an extremely emotional and dramatic child...but it hurt so much to see her anguishing over this. I held her and wanted to tell her that that in a year she'd forget this all ever happened...but to a 9 year old girl...this was the end of the world. I hope that she can survive all that the future holds for her...and that she will choose to be happy! I love that girl!

6 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

She is lucky to have you for a Mom. Kid's can be so rude sometimes...Nicole has had her fair share of bumps and bruises with "mean girls". I think it might be because the boys are so ready to be "her friend"! Go figure?!?

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Thank you Mom! I think you are right...girls seem to get so jealous of eachother, ESPECIALLY as they discover that they WANT attention from guys (although hopefully that's not why her and her friends are having troubles...oh how will I survive the dating years someday!?!).

Tiffany Fackrell said...

oh man, poor girl...I am not looking forward to those times. You are a good mom!

The Mechams said...

Oh no it begins! I am really worried what will happen when Anne Dee gets to that age. You are a super mom for sure

tamikay said...

Friends are so important, and I remember having the same problems. The trick is to find the friends that stick with you and make you want to become better. You're a beautiful, sweet girl Shaylee!

WalkConkies said...

Drew has had ups and downs with friends too. I think they learn a lot and I'm hoping Drew and Shaylee choose some good friends. I had such awesome friends growing up and it was a huge blessing - I hope they are as lucky. Way to go on the potty training and I'm so glad you had such a fun Valentine's! Maybe I'll get caught up on my blog someday and get to Valentine's Day?!?