Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some January & February pictures

Wow it's been too long since I posted on here! Here are some pictures taken over the last few weeks.

During the kids' naptime today, I hemmed some Corduroy pants for Shaylee, and appliqued a flower on some polka-dot corduroy, then appliqued that to a $3 shirt from Target, then straight-stitched around the flower, THEN zig-zag stitched around the polka-dot corduroy. Since I already had the two fabrics in my "stash" & got the pants for free...$3 was my total for this outfit! I TRY (doesn't always happen) to do a project each day during naptime...but half our house is packed up to move so it's been frustrating lately. Hopefully we'll be moving in the near future so that I can get my sewing stuff organized!!


On Friday nights the kids take turns picking a movie & watching it in their room. Sometimes they build a fort on their bunkbed to sleep in, and sometimes they snuggle on the floor!








We've all been sick around here...& this picture of Addy & Cayden fully expresses how they feel!


I can't get enough of this little guy. He seriously melts my heart!!



Do these guys look like they are up to no-good? Ya, I think so, too!


Just look at that face! Don't you just want to chew on those cheeks? His skin is SOOO soft!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh such cute kids!! And you are very crafty and I am very jealous!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I am so proud of you Michelle! You have beautiful children and they are lucky to have you as a Mom. Your creativity is fabulous!!! Love Ya!!!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Mom, do you recognize the horse blanket that Shaylee is using in one of the pictures? I'd had it in my hope chest & I pulled it out for Shaylee to have the other day & she was SO excited. She thinks it's really neat that you and I made it. I remember you taught me to handstitch it, but it was tiring & taking a long time so we ended up tying it instead! I was obsessed with horses!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Oh, Michelle I did notice the horse blanket and it reminded me of that "excellence" project we did together. I have so many wonderful memories of raising you! Your children's eyes remind me of Dad. I hope you feel his love through their eyes. I do...Love Ya Tons!!!

tamikay said...

Cute idea! I really need to applique some things. The quilts I'm starting on for the girls have huge appliqued flowers. I'll have to send you the pattern. It's really cute for babies up to teenagers.

The Graham Family! said...

You are so talented and crafty! I wish I was creative to do projects like that! Your kids are so stinkin cute. I can't wait to meet Zachary someday.. he is sooooooooo adorable!

WalkConkies said...

Okay, Zach is growing up WAY too fast. He is adorable. I really hope you guys can make the family reunion so I can hold him and see you all. Way to go on the cute projects, Wonder Woman Michelle!

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

So your youngest totally looks like a McConkie! You guys have the cutest kids and you are such a crafty mom... you've inspired me to try new things. I actually just took up crocheting the edges of baby blankets and so far am really enjoying it.