Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chunky Monkey!

Tyler and I have noticed that Addy's cheeks are getting a little chub, as well as her arms...but I didn't expect what I heard at her doctor appointment today!! For being 4 and a half weeks old, she is now a whopping 10 lbs! In the last two weeks she gained 2 lbs, and also grew 2 INCHES!!WOW! So throughout the day I call her my "Chunky Monkey". I hope she doesn't get a complex, haha! Today my father-in-law took the older kids for a few hours...so I was able to get a MUCH needed nap with Addy. I've been going to bed late...and trying to clean my house while she's sleeping, instead of taking a nap with her, so I've been so exhausted I've had a good headache every day lately!!! But now I'm all rested :-)

Last week our family had pictures taken! We had them done in the old fashioned outfits and I think the photographer did a wonderful job, but I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when we see the pictures!

Two days ago I "won" a new Saturday's Warrior DVD on Ebay! For those of you that don't know what movie that is (*GASP*), it is an OLD, CHEESY but hillarious musical/movie about an LDS family. Even after YEARS of not seeing it, I still remember most of the words to every song on it! I'm going crazy waiting for it! I LOVED watching it with my family when I was younger and can't wait for my husband and kids to see it for the first time!

Well nothing else too terribly exciting has been happening down here in our little "corner" of the world, so I guess I better do some quick straightening up of the house while Addisyn still looks content! Never mind, she's not content anymore! I'm really regretting buying a bouncy chair for her...she sits in it for about 1 minute and is cranky. I should have bought her a swing chair...Cayden had one of those and he loved it. Eh, live and learn. Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

You know, Mike hasn't seen Saturday's Warrior either! When he told me that I couldn't believe it. One of these days I'll have to sit him down and watch it as well. It IS a classic!

laska said...

I was just thinking about Saturday's Warrior the other day, and how it was such a classic. I love that you're sharing those memories with your family! hope you're doing well!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

so yeah David has never seen it all the way through either. I think I started it to make him watch it and said it was way too cheesy for him. I LOVED it when I was little, but after watching it again in college, I have to admit it is VERY CHEESY!! But those songs are so catchy, and I catch myself singing them!! Especially the nose song! I think my family and I did it for some merry miss talent show or something,
HAHAHA! "we only have an earthquake when daddy blows his nose!"

tamikay said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 10 lbs.! I think McCall is just over 10 lbs. right now! It is nice to have a chunky baby so they have a little extra in case they get sick. Not to mention the cheeks!

I just learned how to make bows to interchange on a stretchy lace headband. I also learned to make little bracelets. I'm starting to get my crafty bone back!