Monday, March 2, 2009

My first Doctor's Appt for the Baby!

Yesterday at 10:30 a.m. I had my first Doctor's appt for my pregnancy. It's always exciting to go in when you know you'll get to hear the heartbeat for the first time...it doesn't really feel real to me until then! Anyway, when I got there they asked if I knew I'd missed my Sonogram at 8:30. WHAT?? It's not routine to have one at 11 weeks here so I was a little confused, but still happy that I'd get to see the baby so early! Tyler wasn't able to be there and he was REALLY kicking himself when I told him he didn't just miss out on HEARING the heartbeat, I got to SEE it! Oh so yes they squeezed me in for one anyway, and I was able to get a picture. That's the earliest I've ever had a sonogram and I was shocked to see how it was a perfectly formed baby! There was no question where it's head was, where the tummy was, etc., and I saw it's tiny heart fluttering! My appointment went well and then I had the lab work. It all ended up taking about 2 1/2 hours (because they had to squeeze in my sonogram)...so I had to race back to my in-laws apartment to save my father-in-law from my babies! Cayden did fine as usual, but Addy was not happy I left! Apparantly she cried most of the time and was unconsolable, but finally fell asleep shortly before I got there! I so need to get her used to spending time with people other than me!

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

YAY!! It's always such a relief to go to the first appointment and hear or see a healthy heartbeat!! I am always so nervous that there won't be one or something will be severely wrong. I've lucked out so far with healthy babies. I can't believe i'm about to have another one. I'm so excited! I can't believe YOU are about to have another one!! I think you should scan the picture you got and put it up!!

WalkConkies said...

Glad everything looks good, Michelle! With every child I realize more what a miracle a baby is and what a blessing it is for them to be healthy. Hope you are feeling well!!!

Carolyn said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well. Where is that picture? :)

Jennifer said...

Did not know you were expecting! CONGRATS!!!! Keep me posted on progress and boy or girl.... When is the temple date?? Give everyone kisses for me... Love and miss you guys