Friday, December 5, 2008

~Our Thanksgiving~

Me and Ashlyn (Stacy's toddler) rocking



Well the kids and I had the BEST time visiting with my big family during Thanksgiving!!! Well, it started off bad...our car broke down after only driving 2 and 1/2 hours...but after we got a rental the next day, it was smooth sailing! I was so excited to see my two baby nieces that I'd never met, as well as seeing how tall all the rest of the kids have become!! We ate TONS of good food, went ice skating, did a little hairbow making and crocheting, but mainly got lots of good talking time in!! We even saw a little snow for a few minutes!! Mom bought all the grandkids an early Christmas present...Shaylee played with her singing Hannah Montana barbie the whole way home (much to my annoyance, haha!), Cayden loves his fire truck, and Addy has been having lots of fun with her singing toy!! My mom spend some one on one time with Shaylee which was so great. Shaylee also spent a few nights at her Aunt Jennifer's! Cayden was addicted to the Mario Kart game on the Wii and loved rough-housing with the other boys, although they are all quite a bit older than Cayden so he got hurt (mainly in the mouth, poor kid) a lot but had lots of fun. Nicole's birthday was on Thanksgiving and I think she got quite a few things that she loved...probably mainly the Twilight items Mom bought!!! I'm still deciding if I want to jump into the Twilight craze...I'll probably go to the movie soon and then decide if I want to read the books. I'm really bad sometimes...I'm usually crocheting so I don't read much even though I used to LOVE reading. I think I need to get books on Cd or something that I can listen to while I crochet! But at the same time, that's just not the same thing as curling up with a good book and blocking everything else out!!
My dad managed and organized the building of my grandpa's building out on Highway 17, the C&V Auto. Now my mom has picked up where he left off, and is doing the building that is going up right next to it!! I think my dad was amazing for daring to give up farming and learn all about building, the permits, etc. Now I think it's incredible that my mom was willing to help grandpa by learning everything in such a short amount of time and continue with the work. I think I have pretty amazing and talented parents.
Mom combined all of our photos from the trip onto a CD for each of us, and since there are SOOOO many great pictures, I had to narrow it down to some of my absolute favorites!! More pictures to come soon but right now my internet is having issues!!

Cayden opening his firetruck from Grandma McConkie

My sister-in-law Sara holding Addy...the dress Addy is wearing was from my mom, and it has poodles on it, SOOOO cute!!

Shaylee bought Grandma a present, it was a precious moment!


Pregnant Stacy holding my little Addy!

6 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

so.. not a fan of the picture of me! haha. Oh well! But I LOVE that picture of you and ashlyn. That is my favorite taken the whole trip. You look so great michelle!! Always! The trip was so fun! I'm so glad we got to spend so much time together since it doesn't happen very often!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

OH I love the pic of you and Addy!! Thanks for saying I look good. I was happy to see atleast one halfway decent pic of me and I'm glad it was with Ash...I am NOT photogenic!! I had so much fun and it was so great to see you!! It really does stink living so far away!!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Thank you, Michelle for ALL the sweet things you said. It was a really good visit for me. I love my children and grandchildren. I did enjoy watching the little ones play together. I laughed today when I found Nicole's nerf gun hid in a IKEA box in the office. Fun times!

WalkConkies said...

I don't know how I missed getting any fun pictures of you or Sara! But, I'm glad between all of us we got some fun pics of everyone and more importantly it was just so nice to spend some time together - ALL together!!!

Puhlman said...

OH Michelle,
that is an adorable picture of you. I am not sure you remember me or not but I think of my girls often that I taught in the 3rd ward in Moses Lake. I always wonder what they are doing in life. I am so glad I came across your blog. I found you through Lib Baker then Lori and then from your mom. YOu have a very nice family. I hope things are going well for you. I miss my group of girls.

Sis. Puhlman

Tiffany Fackrell said...

So I got your package just the other day, when I opened it I almost started crying when I saw you had made me a hat. I LOVE It, it is seriously the CUTEST THING! and everyone is wanting to know where I got it!! a huge THANK YOU!!! I hope you guys have a very merry christmas!