Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The New President




This took place this morning:


Me: CAYDEN, Obama won. I can't believe he won.

Cayden: OH, I LOVE that guy!

Me: NO! We wanted MCCAIN to win! Obama scares me!

Cayden: Ya, he scares me too.

Me: I just can't believe Obama won. What are we going to do??

Cayden: Well, someday when I grow up I can be the Hulk and SMASH the city and SMASH Obama!!


Tyler walked into the room next.

Cayden: Do you know who won Daddy? The evil Obama!!


Hmmm! Interesting answer...I think my 4 year old has been watching a few too many superhero cartoons. Tyler and I definitely believe that the outcome of this election is a sign of the times. The part that was the most disturbing was seeing clips on the news of how African Americans/Blacks, all they cared about was getting an African American/Black man in as President. The fact that Obama won't say the Pledge of Allegiance or wear a tiny flag lapel pin on his jacket....which means he doesn't respect our flag therefore doesn't respect our country...doesn't matter to them in the least, and it obviously doesn't matter to the young kids who got out and voted...who are being raised to be extremely liberal...wanting an extreme change in government which is not exactly what this country needs. The truth is...the world is getting scary...and it's going to keep getting scary and no President can really stop it at this point...but Obama will be able to help it get scary much quicker. I think it's sad but I guess it was expected that this election would turn more into a racial contest than actually about this country's issues and what it needs.

I am going to try not to get too negative because I don't want to become one of those people that always talks bad about our President, but I can tell you that mine and Tyler's family will be beefing up our food supply along with all the other supplies we could need in an emergency. We are also going to be working on getting much more Spiritually ready...because the 2nd Coming is not too far off now.


______________________


My next post really will be about our new dog Lucky!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a reply but decided I would save it for my own blog. This should be an interesting 4 years to say the least.

Cassidy said...

I hear you girl! I'm way scared about the future. Totally jealous you get to go to ML for Thanksgiving. Have fun!

The Graham Family! said...

Agreed. I'm worried. I hope he either proves us wrong and does a lot of good for this country.. or does horrible enough to get impeached to prove all those die hard Obama fans wrong. The news was totally disturbing that they were so focused on the racial thing and not what he stands for. That just goes to show that if he wasn't black.. but stood for the same things that he probably wouldn't have won.. he wouldn't have had his entire race backing him up. Its just very interesting.. bring on the next 4 years. I'm interested to see what happens.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Um just so you know, Barack Obama DOES say the pledge of allegience. There are many of videos to back it up. You can check out a lot of them on youtube.

I am sure we are in for some change, but I don't think we need to be afraid.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

I think that's interesting then that they have him on video saying the pledge of allegiance but he refused to wear a simple,small flag pin on his clothing during the Presidential race...and he made a statement about why he refused but it didn't make much sense...which was to be expected since there's no good reason to refuse wearing the flag! I'm just dissapointed that so many people, even many republicans, voted how they did. Of course I hope Obama proves us wrong...only time will tell. Now that THE temple was announced at General Conference though (one of the signs) and with how the economy is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd coming is just a few years away...

Tiffany Fackrell said...

We have been seeing signs of the second coming for awhile now. And I don't doubt that they will keep coming and things will only get worse before they can get better. I am actually teaching the relief society lesson on sunday and it is about the second coming. This should be a time to rejoice, if we are prepared. I think we still have a while...you should read lesson 21 in the R.S. manual. There are still a lot of things that need to happen before the second coming happens, but no doubt we are definitely in perilous times and we are seeing more and more signs of his coming. and who knows those things could happen quickly or they could take a while, we don't know, I do know that if we are prepared and we are doing all that we can to come closer to God then we shall not fear. I know you know that....sorry, I will stop commenting on this now!!

and just so you know, I didn't vote for Obama either, and i did see that video of him not wanting to wear the flag pin, it was a lame excuse, but I guess I can't do anything about it now, I can just pray and be prepared!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

wait, one more question...what did you mean by THE temple announced in Conference?

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Tiff, I meant the Missouri Temple being built in the New Jerusalem. The signs have definitely been happening for a LONG time now since they can't all happen at once! I've read through Lesson 21. There are VERY few signs left and they could actually all happen within the next year if that's what the Lord's plan is. I look forward to the 2nd coming, it is definitely a time to rejoice if we're prepared. We've been told all our lives that it would happen during our lifetime, and we all thought "ya ya, when we're old and grey it'll happen!" ...but now I feel how close it really is! Almost all the other signs are happening all around us. It's human to be scared, but reading the scriptures and our lessons help us stay focused not on all the bad happening around us, but on what we need to do to prepare...

Tiffany Fackrell said...

We were under the impression that wasn't THE temple...is it going to be built in Jackson County? I could be wrong, I am really just wondering, because I haven't heard that is where it is going to be...? Conference they announced it in the Greater Kansas City area, so I am really not sure where or what that means...have they announced it in a more specific spot?