Sunday, June 8, 2008

Talks!!!

Today Tyler and gave talks in church. The topic was "Finding Strength through Spiritual Experiences". At first we thought that may be a difficult topic...I have no idea why...because our talks came together fairly easily. We were able to share SO many of our own experiences in our talks that we both really had a lot of fun and felt the Spirit very strongly. It was Tyler's very first adult talk! Almost every single member of the ward shook our hand and told us they enjoyed our talks. There were many tears and lots of laughs. Then throughout the rest of church, our talks were mentioned in the other classes we went to. We're not trying to "toot our own horn"...but it just felt wonderful to have been given the inspiration we needed to put things in our talk that affected so many members in our ward. It's always great to share experiences and realize how many other people can relate to you. It was a wonderful Sunday all around. It was especially nice that Tyler's parents were able to watch the kids for us during Sacrament so we were able to "relax" up in the hot seats!!

I also was able to finish a dress I've been crocheting...so Addy was able to wear it to church today, along with some booties I'd made for her awhile back but didn't really fit until now. I wish I'd had a slip for her to wear under the dress. I didn't realize slips are so hard to find for babies!! Eh, oh well. She looked cute anyway!!!


The Front

The Back

The Dress is actually red...the first two pictures make it look very pink!!


The dress is also a bit scrunched because of how she's sitting, so it looks very short. Since it was JUST the right size on her...I think next time I'll make it a touch bigger and a few inches longer...she grows so fast!!




2 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

That dress is soooooo cute!!! Oh my gosh!! I love it!!! You are so talented! She is so adorable I want to hold her so bad!

Mike and Lisa said...

Cute dress! I keep thinking to myself "I should crochet something like Michelle" for my future child, but I don't know where you learn how to do that stuff!?